- Clean and safe form of heating and hot water solution.
- Elektra Electric Combi Boilers are manufactured in Italy.
- Suitable for radiators and underfloor heating.
- Provides continuous hot water (while in COMFORT mode).
- Built-in SMART controls.
- 240v single phase.
- Uses 50 Amps. 50Am MCB breaker needed.
- Use a minimum 10mm cable.
- Flowrate: up to 6-7 Lt/min (Click here to see HW graph)
- Completely silent thanks to Triac-Based Technology.
- Modulates from 2kW – 6kW.
- Digitally displayed temperatures.
- 37.5 L glass lined, insulated steel cylinder with inspection flange, fitted with magnesium anode, mounted with insulated boiler casing.
- Anti Legionella function means the temperature of the cylinder is automatically raised to 65°C in order to eliminate the Legionella bacteria.
- Simply connect flow and return from the heating circuit and cold supply for hot water.
- All components, for the normal function of the boiler, are included inside.
- Hot water is limited to 65°C.
- Central heating is limited to 75°C.
- Installer and user-friendly.
- Up to 5 Years warranty – subject to TCs.
- 1 x Elektra BP Electric Combi Boiler.
- 2 x 22mm Isolation Valves.
- 1 x 15mm Isolation Valves.
- 1 x Bracket.
All Parameters are the same for Elektra C & BP boilers.
The ELEKTRA BP boilers come with an in-built Cylinder that makes for better hot water delivery.
Elektra SMART BP boilers:
– Have stored hot water, +50 litres at 60°C- 65°C located in the in-built cylinder (37.5 litres) and in the central heating reservoir (10-12 litres).
– The flow rate is set at 8 litres/min (from the factory) but can be adjusted up to 13 litres/min for a faster filling of the bathtub.
– Factory setting @ 8 litres/min works well for filling a bath and having a shower because the hot water is being delivered at higher temperatures.
-It will be possible to have two showers running simultaneously, say 4 litres/minute to each tap then mixed with cold water to bring the flow rate up to 6-8 litres/min, (this would be dependent on water pressure in the house).
-They use initially only 2kw to heat up the water in the in-built cylinder and only use more kW depending on the temperature increase needed.
If you increase the flow rate to 13 litres/min, in time the heat exchange balance will be lost and the temperature will decrease to below 38°C.
Important facts to remember:
A. An average shower uses 21-25 litres of water. The Elektra SMART BP electric boilers hold enough water and back up the cylinder with a constant supply of hot water for continuous delivery of Hot Water.
B. According to BS6700 a standard bathtub (1700 x 700) needs ~100 litres of water at 40°C. This is split into 60% HW and 40% CW.
The Elektra SMART BP electric boilers (preset at 8Litres/min) will fill the bathtub faster at the right temperature.
The cold water mains pressure going into the boiler should be a maximum 2 bar. If the pressure is higher than 2 bar, the installation of a pressure-reducing valve is needed. The incoming pressure should be set between 1.5 – 2.0 bar.
Graphic (Hot Water output):
You can remotely change the modes (Summer/Winter, Eco/Comfort) and temperature of the boiler heating and hot water using our MyBoiler app.
You can change and set your program for heating on/off.
When the heating is running using the SMART timer program, the heating cannot be controlled by a room thermostat. The best option to control the heating will be using thermostatic radiator valves or using a room thermostat paired with the boiler.